It's official Cassie is now part of my blue star wives club. Of course I wouldn't wish this on any woman, but it sure is nice to have another woman around who can relate.
My favorite part of visit so far was when her husband called her while we were trying to pick out a dessert in the icecream aisle at walmart. The look on her face was priceless. It was kind of like an a-ha moment for me--so that's what I look like when my husband calls me! Seriously, you would have thought she had just won lottery, she was so excited.
I immediately exited the icecream aisle of walmart so as not to intrude on their private moment alone! I couldn't believe the other people who stuck around to purchase whatever they were there shopping for. The nerve! :)
Btw we had just come from Zumba, so we had earned our icecream treat!
This is a picture from when Cassie came to see me just a couple days after my husband deployed 7 months ago. Now she is visiting me again right after her husband deployed just a few days ago.
ahhhh! how sweet! Give Cassie a hug for me!
ReplyDeleteI think ice cream was very deserving after a good zumba workout! :)
ReplyDeleteI just played catch up ... I love you :)
ReplyDeleteI love the post with you in Europe with that post card. That made me tear up.